All of the craziness with none of the wait!

July 28, 2011

Delirious from the Heat? Maybe...

Eagads... 8 days with no complaining? I must have been hella busy. Ha! Yeah right, I wish. Well, actually, no not really. It's actually been too hot to do much of anything. I *have* been keeping the kitchen, dining room and living room clean. I have even been putting clothes AWAY. Like folded, put in a dresser drawer away. I honestly don't know what has gotten into me, except that maybe the other day I was eating my lunch while the short people were napping (and I use that term loosely as The Boy no longer naps...) and I was watching my "stories" and looking around the room thinking I needed to dust again but I didn't feel like it. And I also needed to vacuum. And unload the dishwasher. And fold a 7ft foot tall pile of clean clothes. But instead I finished watching my show and then took a 30 min nap. Epitomy of Laziness, right here, folks! So I started thinking... and you know how much I like to do that! And I came up with a reward system for myself. If I did a little bit of "work" in the morning and afternoon and evening (read: made dinner AND cleaned up 3 nights in a row!!) then I wouldn't feel so bad about that show and nap. I could do it more often and not feel guilty because I would actually DESERVE it.


Friends and family tell me all the time that they don't expect everything around our house to be perfect because I have two small kids and that it is not easy raising kids and staying home with them. And The Husband gives me a LOOK and then rolls his eyes because he & I both know what they don't: that while yes, it is hard raising kids and keeping up your home, for the most part I don't do nearly what I should. But the past 7 days we have been going through and sorting out stuff that we don't NEED (55lbs of toys have now been condesnsed to a manageable 20lbs). Because the fact is, we have a lot of crap in this house that is making it harder to keep under control. So out it goes (hello Craigslist!) and in comes a new attitude from me. But I know myself, so I'm starting slow and will work my way up to being one of those Mommies that has everything together, is on time, has a clean house 99% of the time, whose car doesn't smell like french fries and an old sock and well ok, maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but I have recognized my weaknesses and I am working on them. The Husband has been pleased. And in this house a Happy Husband is a Happy Husband that likes to randomly give me money to buy myself something pretty. Sounds like a win-win! Adios, people. Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment