All of the craziness with none of the wait!

July 30, 2011

Silver Lining #1

Thanks to my buddy over at My Belles Choses (who, according to her, is enjoying her life now that it has beaten the crap out of her!) I'm going to post a weekly happy thought. Because I complain. A LOT. But I DO have stuff in my life that is good and worth smiling for and definitely worth getting up for in the morning. So once a week I'll make a point to pay tribute to a friend and smile verbally.


This week was a hot one. And the kids and I were mostly trapped in the house. Thank God for air conditioning! But probably my favorite part of the whole week was when the kids and I played "hide and seek" for an hour. Now, remember, The Boy is 4 and The Girl is 16 months. It went something like this:

Me (sitting on the couch): I'm going to cover my eyes and count to ten. You go hide!
The Boy: OK!! Hahahahahahahaha.... (runs around in a circle)
Me: Go hide! I'll cover my eyes and count to ten and then come find you!
The Boy: OK!! Hahahahahahahaha....
Me: 1, 2, ..... 10! Ready or not here I come! (uncover my eyes)
The Boy: Here I am! (pops up from behind the ottoman)
The Girl: Woo-hoo! *claps excitedly*
Me: Ok... let's try this a different way. Mommy is going to hide. YOU sit on the couch, close your eyes and count to ten, then find Mommy.
The Boy: OK! Hide behind the couch!
Me: Um... I'm going to hide somewhere else.
The Boy: OK! 1, 2, 3, 4... (I run to the kitchen and hide beside the fridge)... 9, 10! Ready or not, I'm going to get you! (Walks into the kitchen and I jump out at him.)
Me: BOO!
The Boy: AHHH!!! MOMMY! That was so much FUN, let's do it AGAIN!!!!!!
The Girl: Woo-hoo!

So we did... for an hour. We took turns "hiding" and letting The Girl help seek. I even managed to cram myself into the playhouse at one point and he thought that was the best thing ever. And it totally, truly was.

Enjoy your weekend. Be safe. Adios, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment