All of the craziness with none of the wait!

June 7, 2011

School's Out... dammit.

Wow. Two months flew by since I posted last. My bad! In my defense, I got un-lazy for a while. I started cleaning, cooking, and getting out of the house a little bit because The Husband's job lets him work from home a few times a week now. Which was all great... until the pipe above the water heater blew up. I discovered it at about 7:00am on a Thursday in early May. The only time I have ever been thankful that The Girl woke up earlier than usual! There was so much water in the basement, we could have let the kids play in it. So the water was shut off and I waited for a plumber. And I waited. And I waited. For NINE HOURS!!! WHO makes a SAHM with 2 small kids wait NINE hours to get the water turned back on?! I was FURIOUS. But The Husband didn't think there was anything wrong with that. Apparently I don't understand the service industry and that it takes time to respond to an emergency. Really? What was I supposed to do if one of my kids puked? Or took a massive shit... which The Boy DID on the way home from school!!! Thank GOD for my neighbor (big props to Mrs. W!!!) - she gave me a key to her house for emergencies and I was able to run over there and hose the kid off in the bathroom. But that's not inconvenient, right? Oh and we had no AC that day either. Stellar.

That started a downward spiral of events and emotions for me that I am just now starting to come out of. Still no car. Made up with The Husband after the previous posting but then after all the water damage and subsequent repairs, we got into it again. It wasn't a nice night, and he pretty much told me it wasn't his job to make me happy, so if I didn't like my life, I could leave. That both hurt me and made me laugh. I would like to see how he copes with a week alone with these two crumb snatchers. He'd be begging me to come back. Because as much as he claims that he would love to be a SAHD, he doesn't have the patience for it. He can't even make them a meal without asking me to write down instructions. Um... it's a PBJ, not beef wellington! The "c" word came back again (constistency) and I just want to know are there ANY Mommies of 2+ kids out there who have exactly the same schedule day-in and day-out? My kids are spazoids and all over the place. Are your homes spotless and clutter free? Do you have a precise menu of meals planned for each day of the week? I've found a lot of Mommy blogs recently and it sounds like I am not as alone as I feel. If you DO have a spotless house, perfectly planned meals and perfectly behaved children... suck it.

I've always felt better after writing things down, so I'm going to try and post more often. And since it was brought to my attention that I sound like a victim, know that I am not trying to sounds like one. I have never been a victim and I'm not going to turn into one. I'm just an overwhelmed Mom trying to get it together. So offer to help or get the hell out of the way. Adios people.

No comments:

Post a Comment